- Speech Professionals (Therapists, Teachers, Clinicians..) are often overworked.
- Clients don’t get the one-to-one time they need.
- There is developing technology which promises to help.
- We aim to give speech professionals the opportunity to use and improve the technology.
- The professionals must be in control of the technology.
- The technology must adapt to the professional’s needs.
- The data collected while the technology is in use will provide a basis for further research and development.
- CloudCAST will provide a resource which is free to the community.
- This resource will be available ‘in the cloud’, with computation done remotely.
- Therapy aids based on speech recognition.
- Speech disorder diagnostics.
- Literacy Tutors.
- Personalised recognisers for people with speech disorders.
- Voice command and control for people who can’t use keyboards.
- Communication aids for people whose speech is hard to understand.