CloudCAST intends to provide software for
Speech training applications:
- Pronunciation exercises tailored to an individual
- Articulation Tutors
- Non-native language pronunciation
- Automated reading tutors.
Once set up by a professional, the software can run on the client’s own computer: the client can practice in her/his own time.
The system provides the client with immediate feedback, records the speech and collects progress statistics for the professional.
Help for people who can’t use keyboards:
- Voice-controlled assistive technology,
- Voice entry to the digital world,
- Communication aids.
- Intelligibility estimation, replacing subjective listening tests with objective measures
- Computer-aided diagnosis, for instance Frenchay dysarthria assessment.
Speech Data Collection and Personal Recognisers
A speaker uses a CloudCAST app to record training data and a recogniser is adapted to her/his voice.